Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Bash


Finished!! Hooray! So this is a piece for my roller derby team. We have a game in June, so I needed to finish this in time to put in the May game program. I'm uber happy with the colors, but I really wish I had more time to work on the bottom. Idk if it really screams smashed sandcastle. The sand texture feels a little too dark. But overall I'm happy with it. I actually didn't use any photo reference for this piece, which is unusual for me. I'm really big into reference photos, but unfortunately my camera is broken. I think I did a pretty good job at nailing the prospective.
I'm really excited I came across the "Derby deeds" podcast. Its really helping me stay focused on my art, and I have a pen and a notepad beside me so I can jot down any ideas, or inspirations that I might get from it. NOW I'm going to Wawa to get some coffee, so I can finish putting together the rest of the game program. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment